Skip to main content

Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum

I see our cousins Down Under have been having a bit of a heat wave.

As Monty Python famously once said - "Strewth Bruce; it's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum in here". With temperatures soaring as high as 50 degrees centigrade who can blame them for repeating that.


I've checked things out - and here are some top tips to keep your pooch safe.
  1. Provide an ice pack or wet towel for them to lay on.
  2. Add ice cubes to their water dish.
  3. Get the kids' paddling pool out. Then fill it with shallow, cool water.
  4. Offer access in the shade by stringing up a tarpaulin or cloth over a tree.
  5. Take a collapsible water dish on your walks.
Sounds fuckin' great. Yes I'd like an ice pack to keep my mutts' nuts at optimum temperature. We don't want them over heating do we? No we don't thank you very much!

Ice cubes in my water bowl? Yes, but make sure it's the good stuff like Evian bottled water, None of that Yorkshire Water shite from the tap!

Get the kids paddling pool out why not. Then I can cool off - and pop one off - at the same time. Don't mind the floaters, or that yellow tinge to the water.

Finally my own shady hammock would be much appreciated. You know I'm worth it - woof!




Popular posts from this blog

Glasto

You couldn't make it up could you. I spent much of the weekend dozing on the sofa watching telly. Glastonbury was on, although sad to say there was no Snoop Dog, Bone Jovi or any other canine related artists. The big news seemed to be the lack of female headliners and now we know why as one scored a spectacular own goal. She missed her slot cos she was doing her hair. It takes ages she said. Why NOT start doing your hair well before your show time. Aaagh no where's my handbag I've left it in the car, I've got to back to fetch it.

my Mum, your Dad

It's a new reality show FFS Endless permutations My Mum, your Dad My Mum, your Mum My Dad, your Dad My Mum, my Dad + your Dad My Mum, your Mum + your Dad Stay woof

it's bin day

I love a by election but only for the nutters who stand in them. I expected the Monster Raving Loony Party but there's a new kid on the block ... Count Binface. So i've been inspired to stand myself as his buddy, Count Benny of Thejets. Just like my inspiration Sir Elton, I'm still standing. My policies include:- Lowering taxes on dog food Campaigning for more poo bins Compulsory banning of cats Gotta go,  I ate something 'dodgy' earlier in the park and I think I'm about to lose my deposit! Stay woof