Skip to main content

My All Time Fucking Heroes...

On Sunday 8th June Thomas Bell (the country's leading Fertiliser Importers bar fucking none and official suppliers of pig's ears to yours truly) will be gearing up ready for an epic cycle ride from Brigg, North Lincolnshire to Cereals 2014, Chrishall Grange, Nr. Duxford, Cambridgeshire – cycling 145 miles over two days for charity. (Swoon..)

With four riders hard at work training, the charity has been primed and the main sponsor is on board. The participants are Andrew Major Managing Director, Matt Dawson Director, Alison Hindle Marketing Manager and Simon Sands Managing Director of SJS Agriculture Ltd. (Me Dad says he knows that last bloke well, and he's got fuck all chance of making it out of the county on two wheels, let alone all the way to Cambridgeshire).

The charity they are raising money for is LRSN (Lincolnshire Rural Support Network) who provide pastoral and practical support to farming and rural people during periods of anxiety, stress and problems relating to their families and businesses. For LRSN no problem is too large or too small, too complex or too simple.

Every year they support over 100 farming and rural families with problems ranging from debt to tenancy, from single farm payment to health. Alongside practical help they provided support with the associated emotional stress. (Why a farmer should be fucking stressed I don't know. Unless the new Range Rover order has been put back a week due to difficulties in getting hold of the solid gold wheels and diamond encrusted gear stick).

Alison Twiddy, Project Manager for LRSN said “It is sometimes easy to overlook the fact that farmers and rural businesses can hit difficult times. Though finance and business issues are some of the areas where we are asked to help, significant numbers of people who approach us are grappling with emotional and family issues that can affect their businesses. Family break up, ill health, sorting out succession can all present as insurmountable problems but LRSN are always here to help and we are delighted that Thomas Bell and Sons Ltd have chosen us as their charity for this challenging event- we wish them the best of luck!” (Sandsy is apparently most definitely gonna need more than luck by all accounts, a fucking taxi full of beer and sandwiches is what he needs, me Dad says).

Main sponsors of the charity bike ride are Diamond Fertilisers, who have kindly sponsored the teams clothing. Andrew Major, Managing Director of Thomas Bell & Sons, commented, “As part of the agricultural supply chain it is a great way for our business to promote and support this farming charity. I am confident that we are on track to meet the fundraising target of £2,000 which will directly benefit the Lincolnshire Rural Support Network known as LRSN. I am looking forward to the challenge and hopefully see you all at Cereals on stand E-629-6.”

To pledge your support please visit their Just Giving Site www.justgiving.com/bellysbikeride

I'll be sending them an extra special "donation" of my own shortly.

Popular posts from this blog

Glasto

You couldn't make it up could you. I spent much of the weekend dozing on the sofa watching telly. Glastonbury was on, although sad to say there was no Snoop Dog, Bone Jovi or any other canine related artists. The big news seemed to be the lack of female headliners and now we know why as one scored a spectacular own goal. She missed her slot cos she was doing her hair. It takes ages she said. Why NOT start doing your hair well before your show time. Aaagh no where's my handbag I've left it in the car, I've got to back to fetch it.

my Mum, your Dad

It's a new reality show FFS Endless permutations My Mum, your Dad My Mum, your Mum My Dad, your Dad My Mum, my Dad + your Dad My Mum, your Mum + your Dad Stay woof

it's bin day

I love a by election but only for the nutters who stand in them. I expected the Monster Raving Loony Party but there's a new kid on the block ... Count Binface. So i've been inspired to stand myself as his buddy, Count Benny of Thejets. Just like my inspiration Sir Elton, I'm still standing. My policies include:- Lowering taxes on dog food Campaigning for more poo bins Compulsory banning of cats Gotta go,  I ate something 'dodgy' earlier in the park and I think I'm about to lose my deposit! Stay woof